Old May 2nd 05, 05:29 PM
John Galloway

At 10:30 02 May 2005, Chris Rowland wrote:
On 28 Apr 2005 20:19:15 GMT, John Galloway
wrote:

Well - there's a thing -as a non SSA UK pilot for years
until yesterday I could get straight to the Johnson
flight tests (including yesterday the newly posted
ones) and then today all of a sudden I can't.

http://www.ssa.org/Magazines/Johnson.asp

Anyone got a new link?

The wayback machine web site has som of them -
http://web.archive.org/web/200402141....ssa.org/Magaz
ines/Johnson.asp

Chris

Chris,

Thanks. That's a good archive site that I knew nothing
about - and it gets me back to what I could previously
access.

I still feel that it is a shame that the SSA have decided
to deny general web access to all of the Johnson tests
at the time they have posted some more recent ones.
The are a unique resource of independent data.

No polars are ever going to be totally true but Dick
Johnson has a record of picking up quite few valid
performance issues over the years. DFVLR polars are
surprisingly smooth, surprisingly better at higher
speeds than Johnson's, don't show individual flap polars,
and are available only by individual purchase 2 years
after measurement or in manufacturers manuals. I always
use Dick Johnson's data (if available) for glide computers.

John Galloway