Old May 3rd 05, 01:05 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Stuart Fields says...

Chuck: Reading the list of the posters and some of their comments, it seems
that all of the instruction is going to the choir. It seems all agree with
your point of view except Juan Jimenez.

Beside the people who do post there is a large group of folks who just lurk.
Some because of their jobs (aviation writers) who must be careful of
controversy so they don't post but they certainly read the posts. Usually I see
them at air shows and we discuss zoom among other things.I talked to Kevin
O'Brien from ANN this year and had a friendly ,as usual, discussion with him. I
also saw John Ballentyne from ANN who stopped at our booth to visit but I was in
the trailer working a deal so I couldn't say hi. There are things said that I,
out of courtesy to all the writers I know, wouldn't repeat in public.

You might be surprised to know how many writers zoom has zoomed :-)Most if not
all are aware of zoom and take a tar baby approach to him.

Others have written me private e mails stating they were not aware of zoom's
tactics and took him at face value until they saw the posts and went to John O's
zoom site.However they didn't want to get involved in a public forum.

Generally speaking the "choir" consists mainly of people who have been "zoomed"
at one time or another and have no fear in posting.

It doesn't look like any kind of
open discussion, but if it makes the participants feel better, I guess
that's reason enough to continue.

The purpose or at least my purpose in bringing up zoom from time to time is to
make people aware of what a phony he is and how he used his magazine to unfairly
malign people. Also to warn potential advertisers that zoom may do to them what
he has done for years ,that is to run unwanted ads and bill the companies .If
they don't pay he bullies them with threats of lawsuits and collection agency's.
There would be an open discussion if zoom would defend himself but he's in a non
defensible position .His toady jaun doesn't provide any logical arguments he
just name calls and makes irrelevant statements.

Although I would like to see the number
of T hangars that could be built with the energy and time spent.

Might make an interesting study . However the 5 mins I take to write a post
wouldn't get much done in the T hangar dept.LOL!! At that rate it would take me
about 10 years :-)

BTW I've been aware of Campbell's reputation for some time and have no
reason to defend him.

Which makes me all the more curious as to why you took me to task on this thread
and not jaun. jaun evidently approves of zooms tactics because he constantly
defends him. You say you have no reason to defend zoom but you took the side of
criticizing the thread. I suspect that you knew if you criticized jaun you'd be
blasted and called names by him. On the other hand you and I have had a dialog
that didn't involve name calling and was on a civil level even though we may
not entirely agree.I'd call that an "open discussion." :-)

See ya

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

"evil didn't prosper because good men spoke and evil was nuts" anon