Old May 4th 05, 11:41 AM
Ken Kochanski (KK)

Stuart Kinnear wrote:
I have both rx and tx lines connected to the rs235 connection in the

LX. I
saw the reference to the switch in the literature but could not

understand
its function. Their is no other serial device attached to the LX.

Which line
does the switch break and why is it necessary. ???? Lx obviously

dont
support Winpilot and getting answers re this topic is difficult,

otherwise
their support is excellent.

We recently hooked up an LX 7000 Pro (with an IPAQ connector)to a Remde
cradle with an rs232 connector. We therefore had to cut off the
connectors from the LXIPQ (Power and communication) and Remde mount and
spliced the wires directly. The following shows how were hooked the
units up ... LX and IPAQ upload/download fine with SeeYou and CE Nav
software and uploader programs.

Black - Cradle Power and Logic Ground - Black wire from LXIPQ
Red - Cradle Five Volts(+) for PDA - Red wire from LXIPQ
Blue - Cradle Data From GPS to PDA - White wire from LXIPQ
Grey - Cradle Data From PDA to GPS - Green wire from LXIPQ

We just defaulted to the WinPilot setting on the LX ... even though we
were talking to other software.

BTW, The following wiring details from the LX Navigation manual in
regard to the LXIPQ (we thought) did not match up with the wire colors
when we actually removed the cable insulation/shielding.

38 series:

red and yellow +5V 1,3 2,4
white rx 7
black tx 8