Old May 5th 05, 11:08 PM
Journeyman

In article 2005050421420215925%bodhijunkoneeightyeightjunkat macdotcom@junkjunk, Tom Fleischman wrote:
If you want to read something really disturbing, this is it.
*
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/GenPDF.asp?id=NYC05FA075&rpt=p

I had an Angel Flight mission scheduled last the week. Night before,
looking at the forecast, I was thinking the flight was doable but
a bit below my comfort level. I called my instructor to ask if he'd
come along. Didn't need him as an instructor, but as an extra pair
of eyes and hands to shed that critical workload. Conditions were
forcast for near minima, but better at the destination and scheduled
to improve.

He looked at the forecast and said he wouldn't do it without a second
engine, second alternator, second vac, ...

What he said was particularly articulate. It would be a doable
flight *if* nothing went wrong.

Wound up cancelling the trip, despite the self-induced pressure
to go. Next morning, when the actual conditions were reported, I
knew it was the right decision.

Morris