Old May 7th 05, 03:15 AM
Jay Honeck

I wasn't the first reader to question Mr. Honeck's ill conceived
marketing ploy:

"Marketing ploy?" Larry, a marketing ploy is designed to MAKE money.

A "party" is designed to COST money.

Trust me -- we haven't broken even on the pool party yet -- let alone made
money! (Nor would I want to make money on it, quite frankly.) The idea is
to say "thanks" to all the pilots en route to the greatest show on earth,
and to celebrate another great year -- period.

This year it's July 23rd. No admission. No strings. Just free beer, pop,
and food, all burnt at poolside to a delicate patina -- by yours truly!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA