Old May 7th 05, 04:46 PM
Jack Allison

Default Days as a hanger rat

I think I've logged about four days of hanger rat duty over the past two
weeks. Still have a long way to go in terms of accommodations (chairs,
table, shelves, etc...but having your own hanger sure makes it more fun
(and, IMHO, justifiable) to hang around the airport.

Yesterday's mission: bug killing. Bug bombed the hanger (after pulling
the plane out...went flying while bugs were dying). Also used up a can
and a half of wasp spray, the stuff that kills them on contact from 20
ft. away. Found two birds nests (unoccupied). Basically, all critters
not paying hanger rent have been eliminated.

Power sure would be nice. I have a friend who has rigged up a couple of
solar panels and he powers a couple of fluorescent lights and a radio
from them. If we get a chance to move to a hanger with power, we'd
probably go for it.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student