Old May 8th 05, 12:09 PM
Quilljar

Don't tell me to install Linux. I know that. It's currently not an
option.

I downloaded and installed FG on a fairly capable XP system (1.6ghz
AMD 256 RAM and a good video card) and was blown away by the frame
rate. Like
one second per frame even in the lower resolution modes?

I think your difficulty lies in your definition of fairly capable.
For running MS word perhaps, but for flight simming that amount of RAM and
that chip, would have not been capable even three years ago. The problem all
along with MS Flight Sim is that the requirements of the players have forced
Microsoft to put in capabilities such as more and more realistic weather and
scenery that only a top rated PC will run it properly and that has meant
1024Mb RAM and 2.6Ghz CPU for the last two years. As for video cards, there
seem to be only one or two around that people are truly pleased with. My 128
Mb Matrox Parhelia is now very old hat I gather.

Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter