Old May 8th 05, 04:39 PM
Kilo Charlie

"Roy Clark, B6" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am a firm supporter of the OLC; L wrote an article for my club
newsletter and gave a presentation at our monthly meeting using a
modification of Reiner's 2005 SSA OLC one.

However, I'm having a dickens of a time uploading my flight traces to
the OLC.
Use a Cambridge GPS Model 20 and L-NAV.
Extract *.cai file from GPS.

How are you "extracting" the file from the logger? It may be corrupted that
way. If you are using the first version of Connect Me it requires it to be
downloaded twice. They have corrected that but if you haven't gotten the
update then it could still be a problem.

I download flights from my Model 25 (same thing just external antenna) with
an Ipaq running Connect Me, place it in on a SD card, upload it via a card
reader into my PC, use See You 3.1 to analyze it and optimize it then send
it to OLC with no problems on the uploading end.

OLC however is very sensitive to what most would consider minor errors e.g.
wrong birthdate, engine running if you didn't check "pure glider", missing
data if you turned the logger on then off briefly before takeoff, misspelled
name to name a few. They nicely list all the errors in red at the bottom of
the attempted upload so that you have a chance to correct them. What errors
are you seeing there?

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix