Old August 5th 03, 02:41 AM
John Clonts

"David Brooks" wrote in message
"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message

Then there's the simple matter of heading into a cloud "wall" the first

few
times. Given PPL training which said "stay away", and all those "clouds
are death" lessons (okay; I may exaggerate a little {8^), it was

difficult
to stay on course and not "avoid".

Interesting. My first reaction to that was "woo-hoo!"

Absolutely! Ditto for me.

I got my IR on May 19, and since then it seems there has been nary a cloud
in Central Texas (except for during the thunderstorm downpours). But the
few that I've found I've been delighted to plow through, and so have my
passenger daughters!

BTW, I just today received my new certificate-- it's the plastic one with
the hologram that I've heard about. Woop-E-Doo!

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
C210 N7NZ