Old May 12th 05, 04:58 AM
Jonathan Goodish

In article ,
"Gary Drescher" wrote:

"Jonathan Goodish" wrote in message
If there are no consequences for busting the ADIZ, you might as well not
have the ADIZ.

Nevertheless, under current law and policy, there can be no enforcement
consequences if the ASRS immunity conditions are met (inadvertent,
non-criminal violation; no accident; ASRS report filed within ten days; and
no prior finding of FAR violation within five years).

I'm just saying that there need to be consequences, not that those
consequences have to come from the FAA. Of course, if I did something
like that and had these moron reporters stalking me, plastering my name
everywhere, and talking about a Cessna 150 like it was a 757, I don't
think I could find a rock big enough to hide under. Maybe that is
punishment enough.

My biggest issue is the deflection that takes place after these
incidents, or even aircraft accidents in general. The reason people
violate the ADIZ and prohibited areas, and bust airspace, and run out of
fuel, is due to poor planning and/or judgment on the part of the pilots,
not because the ADIZ exists, the airspace exists, or darn it, those
engines require fuel in order to keep running.

JKG