Old May 22nd 05, 08:13 PM
Papa3

Dave,

I have been successful with the Radio Schlock "6 foot USB to Serial
Port Cable", catalog #: 26-183. Answers to your questions:

- did the driver install without dire warnings from
Windoze about "uncertified driver" and the like ?

No. I got the standard "uncertified drive" warning, which I ignored
without any obvious adverse results.

- you are using it with Windoze XP, which SP (service pack) ?

XP Professional version 2002 with SP2

- does your laptop sometimes crash after you "resume" ?

You mean any more than it normally does? No.

- has the helpful MS site explained (after a crash) that
you need to update the driver, and directed you to a
site with only non-arabic characters (Japanese, Korean,
Chinese, or somesuch) ?

n/a
- have you got scary messages like "thread stuck in kernel" ?

n/a
- does it work reliably with SN10 PC-Link (log, database) ?

n/a Successfully used to attach to a Garmin GPSMap76 using both G72Win
and SeeYou.

- does it work reliably with SN10 "software load" ?

n/a

This should help us collate some recommendations...
Thanks in advance !
Best Regards, Dave "YO"

Good luck.

P3