Old May 23rd 05, 03:59 AM

Hi everyone. Thanks for the responses. Keep them coming if you can.
Tony, you asked some good questions.

I am in South Texas right on the border at Mexico in a town called
Brownsville. Might have to look that up on the map. Land here is flat
as far as the eye can see and usually windy around 15-20mph at this
time of the year.

At first, I originally said that I'd like to learn at a small airport
so I wouldn't have to worry about THINKING too much (radio, traffic,
etc) like I would at a busy airport. I wanted to focus on the basics,
get the feel of the plane and spend as much time as possible on that.
However, as some of you already pointed out, it may be best to just
jump into a busy airport and start getting accustomed to the radio
chatter, flight congestion, etc.

I've spent enough time in this corrupted dusty booming city and I need
to get out while I can (it's one of those cities that end up swallowing
you if you don't leave while you can. Too many boomerang kids here). I
once went on a Super cub flight with a friend and we had to land at a
small dirt strip in the middle of nowhere due to an engine problem. Bad
location! Landed right into the middle of a drug smuggling operation.
Luckily (or is it unlucky?), my pilot knew one of the guys and he
warned us to get out of there as soon as possible.

Another thing: I am kind of concerned about working with the radio
because I was born with hearing loss and I am afraid I may not be able
to communicate efficiently. I understand the TV and Radio, but whispers
are difficult (and I understand this is part of the medical?). I know
deaf pilots can fly, so at least I can do SOME flying. I'll have to
discuss this with the school, wherever I decide to fly.

Absolutely can't wait to learn! Thanks for all the feedback (and I will
keep lurking and responding when appropriate).