Old May 23rd 05, 03:22 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I also meant to add that since the multi-tasking is the hard part, I'm
not convinced that the style of cockpit, whether glass or steam, really
matters that much. The critical issue is how much time the pilot has
to devote to setting up the approach.

You have not flown with a glass cockpit are advanced steam guages have you?
Both make the flying part easier and require less of a scan which allow more
time/bandwidth for futzing with avionics or charts. In my airplane the ADI
has a flight director and also displays localizer and glideslope
information, you only need to glance at it and you see the whole
flying/navigation picture. Glass panels are even easier.

Mike
MU-2