Old May 25th 05, 07:58 AM
Happy Dog

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
Jot down freqs as you're handed off. It annoys them if they expect you to
call and you've forgotten, or mixed up, the freq. It happens.

Flip flop radios are a god-send when you go to a new frequency and nobody
answers. You can just flip back to the old frequency. Of course, since
nothing is perfect and everybody needs a backup, you should still write
down frequencies.

hehe Wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't a common occurrence. I've
lost a frequency a couple times when I've left it to contact FSS and had to
try a couple different frequencies to find them. Even copying the hand-off
frequencies down can result in a kneeboard full of numbers, and temporary
confusion, in a flight through busy airspace. Don't forget to cross them
off.

moo