Old May 25th 05, 08:01 PM
Michael

Good Landings are a result of expertise in slow flight and knowing
exactly where the stall begins...You pretty much need to have a good
feel for stalls to be proficient at short field landing and routing
full stall landings.
There is very good reason that demonstration of approach and departure
stalls are part of the BFR. They are critical maneuvers which are
intimately connected to the two most "dangerous" times in flying.
Yes, I do stalls all the time. Usually alone in the plane and never
below 3000 feet. I also learned to do them under the hood and I would
recommend that any IFR pilot get appropriate training in that maneuver.