Old May 26th 05, 04:46 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Antoņio" wrote in message
oups.com...

You did not say it explicitly, as I recall. In fact, what you say is still
a bit
contradictory since you cannot, in fact, get FF by filing "VFR" in the
altitude box.

But you can, in fact, get flight following by filing "VFR" in the altitude
box.

If I understand you correctly, this only allows you to be put in the
system
which *subsequently* will allow you to request FF easier.

Now you're catchin' on!

No, he wanted to be able to directly file FF...which is not offered by
ATC.
You offered him a way to be more prepared to file FF; not file it
directly.

Filing through DUATS is filing directly. It appears you have no experience
with DUATS.

But, if we understand each other, why are you so confused? ;-)

I am not at all confused, I understand all there is to know about this
subject.

Stephen, I know you are sometimes concise to the point of esoteric
obscurity
so I offer this as a suggestion in communication:

Answer a question that offers a yes or no answer with a "yes" or a "no".
*Then* proceed with the cryptic, rhetorical, fill-in-the-blank-yourself
embellishments. It gives the reader a point of reference and makes it so
much easier for the partially stoned. ;-)

Ok? ( check only one: __yes __no )

What is your native language? How long have you been studying English?