Old May 31st 05, 04:21 PM
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 31 May 2005 14:32:47 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
k.net::

"Corky Scott" wrote in message
.. .

You aren't up to date. There never were any WMD and Bush knew it all
along as revealed by the memo that was leaked to the London Times
three weeks ago.

So the Kurds and Iranians poisoned themselves?

What dates did those poisonings occur?

Chronology is everything in this issue:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ationworld-hed
However, a commission appointed by the president to investigate
intelligence gathering that led to the invasion concluded that all
of the intelligence community's information about the existence of
biological or any other weapons of mass destruction was "deeply
flawed."

"The intelligence community was absolutely uniform, and uniformly
wrong, about the existence of weapons of mass destruction. And
they pushed that position," said Judge Laurence Silberman,
co-chairman of the commission.

Critics of the Bush administration have long argued that Bush
appeared intent on invading Iraq long before Congress voted to
authorize military action in October 2002 if Hussein didn't
abandon his alleged illegal weapons programs.

Former Sen. Bob Graham of Florida, who was chairman of the Senate
Select Intelligence Committee when Democrats ruled, has written in
his book, "Intelligence Matters," about his visit to MacDill Air
Force Base, home of the U.S. Central Command, on Feb. 19, 2002. He
was going for a status report on Afghanistan, Graham wrote, but
CENTCOM'S Gen. Tommy Franks called him aside to tell him,
"Senator, we are not engaged in a war in Afghanistan."

"Excuse me?"' Graham replied.

"Military and intelligence personnel are being redeployed to
prepare for an action in Iraq," Graham quoted Franks as saying.

Graham wrote: "I was stunned. This was the first time I had been
informed that the decision to go to war with Iraq had not only
been made but was being implemented, to the substantial
disadvantage of the war in Afghanistan."