Old June 8th 05, 10:08 PM
John Sinclair

At 20:36 08 June 2005, Ramy wrote:
How doable is it to retrieve a 15m glider (LS4 in particular)
with
other trailers? Does it have to be a Komet trailer,
or any other
popular 15m trailer should do? Any modifications may
be required?
The idea is to share trailers during a safari trip
in case of ground
retrieves, thus reducing the number of crew needed.
Anyone has experience with this?

Thanks,

Ramy

I would try the 'other' ship in the trailer, first.
Several things may vary like the distance of spar to
floor, cord at root and tip, tail wheel pod in floor
location, nose cone, etc. The clam shell also has retaining
fittings that are set for each particular ship. I doubt
you will find 2 ships that compatable, except the ASW-20
and Pegasus, but thats another thread, isn't it?
JJ