Old June 10th 05, 09:53 PM
Dan Luke

Default Here comes another one

Hurricane, that is.

Last September I moved airplane and family to Houston to escape hurricane
Ivan. That turned out to be a good move, since the steel shelter I parked
'87D under was destroyed by the storm.

This time I'm staying put. The new storm is forcast to be a minimal
hurricane at most, and the airplane should be fine tied down in the open
(they never rebuilt the shelters). The airport is right on Mobile Bay, but
it's at the north end, about 22 nm from the Gulf, so it's unlikely that any
hurricane force winds will be felt there.

This will not be the first minor storm that Delta has weathered at Brookley,
so I'm not too worried. Sunday morning will reveal if I was right to be so
sanguine about this one.
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM