Old June 12th 05, 12:18 AM
Michael 182

"Victor J. Osborne, Jr." wrote in message
I have this product and it is good for terrain, best altitude by winds
aloft, gas prices, etc.

With WxWorx, it is running on a navAero tPad800. Great concept all for
around $3000. BUUUTTT! The hard drive will fail if you fly above 9-10,000
for more than an hour or so. Not may, will! It has done so on all of the
four previous flights since the product was delivered in Jan.

Keep this in mind when choosing a product. I would go with a PDAs,
tablets or other product, if possible, without a hard drive.

Why would altitude affect a hard drive?

FWIW, I run my iPod at high altitudes all the time with no failures.

Michael