Old June 18th 05, 02:24 AM
Eric Greenwell

Bill Daniels wrote:
"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message

How long do unopened bars last on the shelf? I'm assuming leaving them
in the glider during the hot months is not a good idea.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

If you read their web site, they have a "consume by date" on the individual
package. I examined one that had somehow escaped such consumption and had
resided in a pocket of my survival vest for a year. It was still edible
though a bit dry and shriveled. At ~ 1$ each, they're a cheap lunch.

I'll stop at REI and pick up a few to try. They seem well suited to our
purposes, and 4 months is plenty long enough.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA