Old August 9th 03, 02:09 AM
David O

Kevin Horton wrote:

Rolls don't concern me too much, as they don't need to involve large pitch
attitudes, or high angles of attack. The thought of someone building a
canard to go out and do vertical type manoeuvres with scares the heck out
of me though.

Perhaps Dick Rutan did a disservice in the early EZ days by flying
demos that included vertical loops. His routine sold plenty of plans
though. As a Long EZ flyer, I agree that the EZ and its variants are
definitely not aerobatic mounts. Even rolls in an EZ could bite the
inexperienced pilot because the roll rate is inherently slow and the
plane is so clean. A reasonably high entry speed is a must and full
rudder deflection in the direction of the roll will get the plane over
much quicker. As for loops in an EZ, don't even think about it unless
you have oodles of aerobatic experience and have talked to someone
like Dick Rutan about it first.

David O -- http://www.AirplaneZone.com