Old July 4th 05, 08:48 AM
Yossarian

Default Got my ground instructor ratings

I was looking for something interesting to do while I build hours towards
my commercial certificate, so I decided to get my ground instructor
ratings. I took 3 exams Friday.

Fundamentals of Instruction: 90%
Advanced Ground Instructor: 90%
Instrument Ground Instructor: 96%

They were all pretty easy since I just had my instrument checkride a couple
weeks back. I used the Gleim books for a week to get ready for the first 2
and didn't study at all for the IGI.

As soon as I get to the FSDO I'll be certified to teach the classroom
portion of pilot training for any rating. I'll also be able to sign folks
off for any knowledge test as well as do the ground part for an IPC. Kinda
odd that I can sign people off for knowledge tests that I haven't taken
myself.

The cool part is that my own flight instructor hates teaching ground
school, so she's gonna send her students my way. It doesn't pay much but I
think it will be fun to try something new.