Old July 11th 05, 03:53 PM
Newps

There's no reason to put an altitude in when you're OTP. ATC knows you
may need to change altitudes for clouds, winds, etc.

Stan Prevost wrote:
I tried it and OTP is accepted. However, I then tried OTP/125, and that was
also accepted, as was VFR/125 (for FF). I just had the order of the
subfields switched in my head. Apparently nothing has changed.

Stan

"Newps" wrote in message

Try just OTP. The actual altitude is not needed.

Stan Prevost wrote:

I used to use DUAT to file flight plans for VFR Flight Following and VFR
On Top. Not long ago, they changed their software. Now I can't get it
to accept an OTP flight plan. Haven't tried FF.

Example: Yesterday I filed an IFR plan having altitude field of 125/OTP.
It rejected it. It accepted 125 for altitude, but I had to put "VFR On
Top" in Remarks.

Anyone else have this problem with DUAT? I haven't tried DUATS.

Stan