Old July 14th 05, 02:35 PM

Well, old guys like me learn to pace ourselves. I don't crank it around
in the turns like I used to, I don't press it or take any chances that
make my heart go thump thump thump. I tell myself frequently to focus
on the job and try not to let my attention wander off to the the next
field, or maintenance things, or....? Its hard to do and takes
discipline. You are flying close enough to nearly everything you can
imagine and can't afford any mental lapses lest you hit something.
I get really fatigued after getting up at 0430, and frequently not to
bed until 2100 or later. I have to make myself eat at night to keep my
battery charged. But, thats why I make the money I do in such a short
time. I've covered over 6600 acres this month so far and that will;
easily double or perhaps even triple by end of month. We'll get maybe a
couple days off with weather or when we get caught up on the schedule.
Like I said earlier, its not a job for everyone.
Rocky