Old October 21st 03, 05:02 AM
Peter R.

Dave Butler wrote:

snip
Now, I assert that if the pilot turns the heading bug to the left to 350 to
match the heading, the aircraft will turn to the left and will take up a new
equilibrium heading. The new equilibrium track is closer to the desired radial
than the track was when the heading bug was set to 360.

It seems to me you are saying something different. Please confirm.

No, now that I read your example, perhaps we are describing the same
event.

You have piqued my curiosity, though. When my aircraft comes out of its
annual late this week I am going to experiment with this more closely.

--
Peter