Old July 28th 05, 09:17 PM
xyzzy

Maule Driver wrote:

Everett M. Greene wrote:
I thought the FAA's job is to properly handle /all/ aircraft.

Well, presumably they will. Just with a bad attitude.

I think it's pretty funny how certain ATC locations have noticeably
negative personalities. But on second thought, it's not surprising.
It's a job, offices have 'cultures', and management quality varies.
Fortunately they have a pretty well defined set of operating procedures
to follow and plenty of controls so as long as they get it done, what's
the problem?

Charlotte used to be kind of funky in this pilot's book but that's long
gone. Maybe a little hub downsizing gets everyone's attention. Great
place now.

When RDU was an AA hub, they didn't want local pilots coming in to do
practice stuff. After AA pulled out, RDU controllers came to local
flying club meetings and invited them come on over and practice as much
as they want.

The above happened before I started flying. My only experience with RDU
is in the post-AA era and they have been nothing but friendly and
helpful IMO.