Old August 14th 05, 09:43 PM
Roy Smith

Default Odd clearance -- airway given twice

The stock clearance into HPN from the POU area is IGN V157 HAARP. It's
been that for as long as I've been flying around here. Recently, they've
started issuing IGN V157 VALRE V157 HAARP, which boils down to exactly the
same thing (VALRE is just a bend in V157).

Today, I asked the controller about it. His response is that he just reads
what gets printed on the strip, and they've been wondering the same thing
in the Tracon :-).

Does anybody have any idea why the ATC computer would be generating
clearances with the same airway mentioned twice?