Old August 27th 05, 05:45 AM
N93332

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:nJRPe.285478$_o.259735@attbi_s71...
This is AMERICA, and the language here is ENGLISH -- and I shouldn't have
to TELL THEM THAT.
It's insane, but it's the law -- and there's apparently nothing we can do
to change it.

It could be changed if the U.S. had an OFFICIAL language. Until the US makes
a law saying that English (or whatever) is the official language, the
gov'ment will still print IRS forms, census forms, etc., in several
languages. There is no incentive for non-English speaking people (legal or
illegal) to learn English if everything they need is available in their
native language.