Old November 22nd 03, 09:53 AM

John Mireley wrote:

wrote:

Not to mention that too many on-line NACO approach charts are poor quality
reproductions of the original paper.

Which prompts the question, why aren't these charts available in the
original pdf format? The airport diagrams and the military base approach
charts are in pdf format. Why aren't the NACO charts?

By that you mean in vector-graphics PDF format, which gives you unblemished
quality limited only by the resolution of your display or printer.

NACO has a high percentage of their approach charts in vector-graphics format in
PDF files. The last I heard is over 70%. When they get to 100 percent will
they then release them in that format? If they do, I suspect their sales will
drop to near zero. ;-)

If you go to the NIMA site you can see some NIMA approach charts already in that
format. They are outstanding, and every bit as good as JeppView except for the
lack of color.