Old August 28th 05, 09:57 PM
BDS

"Chris Reed" wrote in message

If this takes more than 5 minutes you are doing it wrong. The two key
points are (a) making sure the starboard wing spar end is central
vertically and (b) aligning the port spar end pin with the hole in the
starboard wing.

Well, I'm definitely doing it wrong - I'd say we'd be lucky to get the wings
on in less than 30-45 minutes and without losing a good 2-3 lbs of body
weight due to perspiration!

One time before de-rigging and at the suggestion of another club member I
marked the proper spar location for the right wing on the bulkhead just
behind it. Now I know when I put the right wing in that it is in the proper
place, or at least very close.

We do check all the pins and their mating bushings before trying to get them
to mate. The frustrating thing is that they all look just fine but the wing
will still refuse to go in. I have tried (due to frustration) to wiggle the
wing fore and aft and up and down but that never helps at all.

Based on the experience with wiggling the vert stab and many of the comments
here it sounds like my main problem is some twist in the fuselage during the
assembly process. I will pay closer attention to this next time and see if
things go more smoothly.

BDS