Old September 2nd 05, 01:33 PM
Bob Moore

"xerj" wrote
The site is down at the moment, but if I'm understanding it correctly,
do these guys actually penetrate hurricanes in P3s and Gulfstreams?
Do they go IMC flying into hurricane cloud???

Yes, although I was not a "Hurricane Hunter", while on patrol in the
Taiwan Strait, I did fly through a hurricane (typhoon) at an altitude
of about 500'. Yes, it was rough! Yes, we were IMC a lot of the time.
Yes, there are a lot better things to do for a living with an airplane.
Yes, I have friends who flew for the "Hurricane Hunters" after they
left the Navy. No, I don't want to do that again.

Bob Moore
A US Navy LT back then in 1967
VP-46