Old December 1st 03, 11:28 PM
EDR

In article , Paul Tomblin
wrote:

In a previous article, EDR said:
beats being number xx in line for departure. Another trick at these
airports is to request and intersection departure. This will sometimes
get you out ahead of the que. Watch where the departing aircraft lifts

One time I asked for an intersection departure, and they told me that if I
wanted one, I'd have to wait the full wake turbulence time, but if I went
to the end I could get out immediately. I still don't understand that
one.

The way around that is to do as you do with formation takeoffs, tell
the tower "Pilot assumes all responsibility." Once their ass is
covered, they will usually give you what you want.