Old September 12th 05, 02:34 AM
Mitty

On 9/11/2005 7:39 PM, Jonathan Goodish wrote the following:
In article ,
Mitty wrote:

That being said, I like the fact that there is no ongoing subscription cost.
That was the clincher for me.

That's true, but who knows how long Seattle Avionics is going to be
around? Based on the published bio of its CEO, it sounds like he
basically specializes in starting companies and then selling them.

The SA product DOES, however, let you grab the plate updates from the
FAA instead of the SA server, which is nice.

Yes, that was a factor for me. I figured I was safe. But it appears that the
software talks to the mother ship to get some kind of database update before it
actually goes for plates. So that may mean that the thing dies if the mother
ship sinks. I hope to not find out.