Old September 15th 05, 07:23 PM
ET

Nadeem Zahid wrote in
:

Thanks all - so basically I got it that its better to not get into
this... I asked since someone wanted to give a surprise ride to his
kid to pick up 400 miles away and asked if i can fly for him.

Nadeem

Ronald Gardner wrote:
Yep, the PP would be getting free use i.e. compensation for a flight.
For example I as a PP fly CAP SAR and cadet orientation flights.
While these orientation flights are not for me personally, the fact
that the aircraft and fuel are provided free of charge creates a
compensated flight as far as the FAA is concerned.

That sucks since all I wish to do is to educate kids a little, not to
say the 100's of hours I give to CAP free of charge for the SAR
training and missions.

Ron

Nadeem Zahid wrote:

I just want to clear some confusion reg. private pilot services.
I know that PP cannot charge for any services for compensation or
hire other than sharing the fuel cost. Can someone zoom little bit
into it? Specifically if someone (non-pilot) wants to rent an
airplane (also if he can rent at all?) or pay for that rental and
requests for free pilot service to pick up his son or daughter, will
it be violation of the FAR? IMO it will be...

/Nadeem

Just two words: Quiet & CASH..... It sucks that we have to lie and
conspire to get by unfair rules, but that's what we have to do....

--
-- ET :-)

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams