Old September 22nd 05, 11:01 AM
Cub Driver

You might consider taking some vacation time, if that's an option.
It's hard to progress on a fortnightly lesson!

I don't feel comfortable if I don't fly 50 hours a year. That's a bit
more than an hour a week, since in the nature of things (New Hampshire
winters, grass field, Piper Cub) I don't fly much if at all from
January through March. (And yes, I feel very rusty in April.)

I read of a pilot who quit flying because he couldn't maintain the 80
hours a year that was his comfort level.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 05:51:55 GMT, "Vern Torino"
wrote:

Haven't begun any training yet. Still considering time and cost factors. One
problem is my job will only avail me to fly every other week, so I figure
it'll take me at least the better part of a year to get licensed. My
question is, after licensing what would be a likely minimum flight time and
frequency to maintain proficiency? Appreciate any helpful comments.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com