Old September 24th 05, 06:11 PM
Matt Barrow

"Steven Barnes" wrote in message
We do have a King KLN90 (VFR only) GPS. 10lbs isn't bad. We pulled a bad
ADF
last year. That gave us another 4-5 lbs to play with.

I'm based at KSPI.

S-TEC lists their Model 20 as being 5.1 lbs.

http://www.s-tec.com/prodintro.html (Selection guide)

(You might have a problem with their web site; they must have fired their
web developer/master about 18 months ago and not hired a replacement)

Matt

. ..
What about a STEC-20 system... I think it weighs around 10# and will
couple to a VOR and a heading bug. If you had a compatable GPS you could
get the GPS Steer option and it would follow your magenta line... If yo
decide for this I have a great contact for you. Let me kow.

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ

Steven Barnes wrote:

Looking for opinions on adding a wing leveler to a Cherokee 180.

Something
simple just hooked to a heading bug would help me & my partners with
our

IFR
ratings we got last year.
What kind of cost / weight is involved? Is it more hassle than what
it's
worth?