Old September 27th 05, 04:00 AM

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 02:35:01 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:

I don't see why you couldn't make a chaser out of an old plug, using a
Moto Tool to cut the tapping slots.

umm errr-that's what I used before one of my employers bought me the
jen-yoo-wine article. Actually, I used a new plug that I had dropped
and subsequently busted the guts out of so somebody else wouldn't try
to stick in in an airplane.

A very important part of Jay's plug-cleaning story was
solvent-cleaning after grit-blasting. Since OSHA didn't spend a lot of
time in the hangar, I allegedly used a highly toxic low-flashpoint
solvent drained out of a nearby sump drain into a cut-down oil bottle.

Had a customer ask me why I was wasting my time (and his money)
rinsing the plugs. Showed him the grit in the bottom of the bottle and
asked him if he really wanted it inside his engine...

TC