Old September 29th 05, 03:41 PM

Thanks again. Great info. One more, if you don't mind: does the ACLS
tadpole act more like a flight director (like, say, the intersection
point of standard civilian jet ADI needles), or does it simply act more
like supersensitive ILS needles? I know it's the little cue that ends
up (hopefully) on top of the velocity vector, with a dot in the middle,
but am not sure which of the above it actually functions as.

FYI, I'm also investigating to see if there's a way to record the
deviations from AoA, lineup and glideslope every, say, 10th of a second
or so, and then use statisitcs (root mean square, probably) to
calculate a landing grade. (A kind of mathematical LSO!) There's almost
certainly a way, but I doubt if Microsoft created those variables in a
way that would make it as easy as it seems.