Old October 3rd 05, 07:32 AM
Ron Garret

In article . net,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"rps" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm still confused. Assuming the following facts, how would you fly
the ILS RWY 28R at KSFO

I wouldn't turn right at CEPIN even if I was ahead of my filed ETA. There's
no way to turn at MENLO, the procedure goes only to CEPIN from MENLO.

Turning left at CEPIN certainly makes intuitive sense, but if that's the
right thing to do then why is MENLO-CEPIN not marked NoPT?
There are three (and only three) possibilities:

1. You are required to turn right at CEPIN and hold at DUMBA.
2. The absence of a NoPT designation is meaningless.
3. MENLO-CEPIN should be marked NoPT; the fact that it isn't is a
mistake.

Given that the ILS 28L approach has an almost identical segment
(MENLO-HEMAN) that IS marked NoPT my money is on #3.

rg