Old October 4th 05, 06:11 PM

Interesting. I read a while back that SMA or Thielert was talking to "a
major OEM airframe mfr" about providing engines for future aircraft.

The four-door idea is curious though, I don't recall Cessna ever doing
that before in a single.

Plastic or metal hasn't been decided either; however, Cessna's long term aluminum

supply contract will end in 2007.

Is this the same company (Alcoa?) that sold them bad stock that ended
up on the '97 model year 172/182? I can't imagine (although I'd love to
see it) them building a composite aircraft because of the high
development cost involved(?)

It will be as fast as the Cirrus airplanes. The engine hasn't been decided

Seems that maybe they ARE thinking glass? To go that fast with a diesel
would require pretty high HP and a slick airframe IMO. It would be neat
to see Cessna break the mold in a big way and come out with something
really spectacular.