Old October 5th 05, 03:16 AM
Ash Wyllie

Badass\ opined

wrote in message
roups.com...

gwengler wrote:
The engine hasn't been decided,
but apparently Cessna is considering a Diesel engine as an option. A

That's the part that doesn't sound right to me, unless Cessna really
has got religion about doing something completely new. They are
probably the only company in the world that could make this work. But
it's one hell of a gamble for them, too. Like I said, that doesn't
sound like the Cessna we know.

Not to mention that Lycoming and Cessna are owned by the same parent
company, why buy (the engine) from a competitor?

Because you might not be buying the best engine, and in the long run that
would be a very expensive mistake.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?