Old October 7th 05, 01:46 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message

If I understand your scenario properly, I have intercepted the FAC about
15
miles South of DEPRE and then turned inbound (to the N, towards DEPRE).
am at 3000'. At 5 miles from DEPRE I am cleared for the approach. I
should
be below the GP at that point so I would just continue along until
intercepting the GP, and then descend into the airport.

The presence of an aircraft behind me is irrelevant.

What is your point?

Why did you not execute the procedure turn? You've not been vectored to a
final approach course or fix, you're not an a segment marked NoPT, and
you've not been cleared for a timed approach from a holding fix. Is it not
your position that if the procedure has a PT charted it must be flown unless
one of those applies?