Old January 2nd 04, 07:23 PM
Marco Leon

Can I ask why you would want to separate VFR vs. IFR avionics checks? I like
to include any IFR avionics pre-takeoff checks in my standard checklist so I
check them during VFR flights as well. I like to know if *anything*
regarding avionics is not operational. Plus, there are only a few
IFR-specific checks:

* GPS database - Updated
* Charts (IFR) - Updated
* Pitot/Static/Transponder - Certified
* VOR - Checked

I may check my flight instruments more closely beofre an IFR flight but I
check them regardless. I'm curious to know what you expect to be different
about your VFR versus IFR checklists.

Regards,

Marco

"EDR" wrote in message
Does anyone use a separate Avionics Checklist prior to departing IFR?
I am in the process of developing my own and would appreciate seeing
what others are doing. Please cut and paste a posting to the group or
email me directly.
Thanks.

http://www.usenet.com