Old October 13th 05, 05:07 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

While it may or may not get you arrested, you don't want one of the dinky
red laser pointers for this use. You want one of these really bright green
ones.

http://www.bigha.com/laser/index.php

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
With the days growing shorter, and the temperatures nipping at the
freezing level, we're starting to assemble our "survival kit" that we
always keep in the back of our aircraft in winter.

All this talk about idiots shining lasers in pilots eyes has me wondering
if we shouldn't add a laser pointer to the collection of knives, blankets,
and food? Anyone think one of these would work as a signaling device?

Or would it only get me arrested? (After rescue, of course...)

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA