Old October 17th 05, 03:12 PM
Matt Barrow

Default Transponder

Whit wrote:

wrote:
Tom Cummings wrote:

My King KT-76A transponder has a stuck "Ident" button.
It stuck when activated for ATC on the last flight and the button
appears to
have colapsed sideways underneath the cover panel. It is no longer
visible
in the opening now. ATC says the unit indicates an "Indent" signal
presently.
Does this require an avionics shop to repair or could it be a simple
matter
such as removing the unit, then remove the cover plate and look for a
colapsed return spring?
Thanks,
Tom

When I read a message like this it scares me to think you're sharing IFR
airspace. Hopefully, it's in not in conjested airspace.

Man Tim, don't you think you being a bit of a jerk? The guy just
asked a simple question . . .

Tim's good for that!