Old January 11th 04, 12:21 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:36:47 -0600, "Dan Luke"
wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:
In my piston powered single, I have never received a STAR, and
most of my flying has been in the busy areas of the NE around
Boston and New York.

This surprises me, Ron, because I used to get the Trinity One arrival
every time I went to Houston, and I once got a STAR (can't remember
which one) going to Atlanta.

Something has changed at Houston, though: now they just clear me direct
to the Trinity VOR, then vectors.

Now that you mention it, I recall other SE pilots saying that they have
frequently received STAR's in the Houston area. I've flown into LGA, BOS,
BWI, DCA and numerous peripheral airports in the NE, though, and never
received a STAR. Maybe they save the STAR's for the faster a/c. I dunno.