Old October 20th 05, 05:50 PM
~R

Default Enstrom 480B

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:33:07 +0100, "Andrew Crane"
wrote:

"~R" wrote in message
roups.com...
Andrew:

What do you mean by "all I am Licensed to fly"? Are you rated in the
US?.

No - what made you think that?

I think it was an innocent question.. he may not have seen (or been
aware of) your UK loacation.

Sorry, I had your e-mail address hidden while I was viewing your post....didn't realize you were in the UK....I'm not very familiar with the limitations on ratings over there. Your comment peeked my curiosity. A US PPL or CPL in helicopters will allow you to fly a helicopter up to 12,500 lbs. as long as it doesn't require a "Type" rating....and provided you meet any aircraft specific criteria...

Can you provide a link to Uk aviation regs?...I haven't surfed yet to
find them...just curious
thanks,
~R