Old January 13th 04, 02:04 PM
Nathan Young

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:59:55 -0500, Dave Butler
wrote:

Yea verily! Not wanting to hijack the thread for a discussion of night taxiing,
but I think it is the hardest thing I do in flying. It doesn't have to be a big
airport, just one where you are unfamiliar. From my cockpit height, sometimes I
just see a sea of blue lights. Where the heck is the taxiway? Thank goodness for
those yellow lines. It's enough to make me want to invest in one of those boom
beams.

I have 3 headlights on my PA28-180 (tips and nose), and it helps, but
is still difficult to taxi at night, so I don't know if a boom beam
would be much better. I am convinced it is the angle of viewing from
a GA cockpit that makes the task difficult.

-Nathan