Old October 25th 05, 09:59 PM
Maule Driver

Default Most Landouts in One Day?

Erik, I don't know about the worst count but I know landing out before
getting thru the start gate felt like several landouts at the same time
- Ouch! (Fairfield Regionals, my first contest)

I learned no matter how stupid you want to be, try not to embarass your
crew too!

Bill Watson (Foureyes)

Papa3 wrote:
wrote:

Two landouts on the same day. Contest task, landed out (at a
gliderport) while on course, got a tow and rejoined the gaggle on the
return leg, then landed out again (along with just about everybody
else!) when a cloud deck moved in and shut off all lift.

So, this gets me to wondering, "What's the worst (best?) landout count
for a single day." I'll admit to a two-bagger twice in my career.
Seems hard to believe that there could be more than two...

Enquiring minds want to know.

Erik Mann
LS8-18 (P3)